- Meal Type: breakfast
TIME TO PREP
TIME TO BAKE
15 minutes in 375°F oven
4 total servings
3 mini frittatas
muffin tray, parchment paper, mixing bowl
FOOD GROUPS PER SERVING
- ¼ serving of Vegetables & Fruit
- 0 servings of Grain Products
- ½ serving of Milk & Alternatives
- 1 serving of Meat & Alternatives
- 1 serving of Fats & Oils
- 1 cup mixed diced vegetables
choose your favorite veggies: tomato, sweet pepper, zucchini, onion, broccoli, spinach, asparagus, corn, mushroom
- 6 large eggs or 1 cup egg whites
- ¼ cup low-fat milk
- 1 cup shredded skim milk cheese
try mozzarella, cheddar, marble, monterey jack, swiss, gruyere
- salt and fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line muffin tray with parchment paper.
- Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl, and pour mixture evenly across 12 muffin cups. Season to taste, and bake until just set, about 12-15 minutes. Serve immediately or keep in refrigerator for a quick snack.
- No time to cook in the morning? Bulk cook a couple dozen of these frittatas and keep in your refrigerator for a quick breakfast or as an easy grab-and-go snack. Or skip the oven and microwave your ingredients in the morning for a warm and filling breakfast.
- Egg whites contain no fat or cholesterol and less calories in comparison to whole eggs, but only provide half the protein.
- Make it a complete meal by enjoying your mini egg frittatas with a slice of whole grain toast and a fruit to include all 4 food groups.
Substitute 1 cup of blended firm tofu in place of the eggs and choose a vegan cheese option.
Choose lactose-free soy, rice, nut or hemp milk and cheese alternatives.
This recipe is gluten-free.